Thursday, April 16, 2009

Mr. Ronald Macdonald


Mr. Ronald Macdonald

Dear Mr. Ronald Macdonald, What ethnicity are you?
I wonder if your chicken nuggets have bird flu?
I see you all over the world.

Hey hamburgaler, I know you steal hamburgers,
But have you ever tried Wendy’s chili?
Its been in the newspaper, white, black and red.

Dear Mr. Ronald Macdonald, is your patty 100% beef,
Because when I see fat kids on TV, I watch in disbelief;
I see you all over the world.

Hey hamburgaler, how do these chicken nuggets die?
I don’t want to believe Pamela Anderson. I think she’s telling a lie;
I see you all over the world
Its been in the newspaper, white, black and red.


The use of a popular culture action figure in the poem, makes the poem more familiar. Sinister is talking about batman in this poem and trying to show the audience a different picture of the Batman. First, the poem is very less literary because of the format. It looks like a short story more than a poem.

In the starting of the poem, the poet mention a lot of things about batman, which he expect the audience’s to already know about. For instance, “no crime fighting” and being poor. Sinister is showing the real world and a real life picture of the Batman. He is telling the life story of Bruce Wayne, and how he is heart broken. It does not sounds like a poem to me, but rather a short story with a lot of visual description. One similarity between this work of Sinister and poems is that it lists a lot of things in the starting. The description makes the audience picture the scene in their minds and that’s what the poems are meant to do.

Since the format of this poem is not like every other poems and it does not rhyme like all the other poems, it is straight forward to understand the meaning of the poem. The reader does not have to make any predictions on anything. Sinister shows the heroic figure in poor circumstances and telling the people that everyone has to face hard times in life, even Batman. When I was reading this poem, I was very much engaged in it. The description of the scene got me into it and I felt like as if I was their with Sinister watching the real life Batman. The use of the Batman, engaged the audiences right in the starting and made them curious to read further.



No comments:

Post a Comment